Tuesday, April 12, 2011

"You take the way you know i'll take the road unknown and meet you there at the end of time"

At the moment i am listening to "Analog - Strung Out". This is one of my favourate bands and infact, this is the first song of theirs i heard. And from then, i just loved everyone of their songs. The lyrics in this song are remarkable, they remind me Stanley Kubrick's "The Shining" because to me the lyrics are all about isolation and the horror of being exiled.

"We've got the anger, fear and isolation,
exiled to this place.
We've got the pain, separates the tragic years
I've gone through all this waste
and when we finally separate ourselves,
the world we choose to leave behind
I will not be the same
as I was when I was yours."

^ One of my favourate lyrics. This song also heavily inspired me for my upcoming media assignment where i have to make a movie. My movie is based around the idea of horror within the mind and is shown through isolation. Another main inspiration i had for creating this film is the haunting saying: "We stoped checking for monsters under the bed at night when we realised they're inside of us".

No comments:

Post a Comment