Wednesday, April 13, 2011

"At the end of the world or the last thing i see. You are never coming home, never coming home"

At the moment i am listening to "The Ghost of You - My Chemical Romance". I'm not very proud of the fact to say that this song was one of the only songs i used to listen to a couple of months ago when i was deeply depressed and suicidal. Their was something about this song that attracted to me to the state of death itself. This song reminds me loss between loved ones and suicide for some reason... this is why i was attracted to it. A couple of months go i really wanted to die. I was seeing psychologists and taking medication. And i even used to write about my feelings at the time... this is why i am blogging about this today. I found one of my writings about 10 minutes ago and wanted to share it with you.
I wrote:

"A fresh new page. A fresh new story. My story begins on a dull note. A note which symbolises negative thoughts and dead silence. They say an escape from reality is meant to be great. All i see is an imagination fuelled hell. My imagination gets its inspiration from negative thoughts and feelings. It's a sickly feeling wanting to die. I would always fantasise over doing it, but i would never have the guts to actually do it. It's getting a lot easier to die now days. Pop a few pills, dead! Tie a strong knot and wrap it around your neck, dead! Scissors to the wrist, dead! Knife to the throat, dead! Cover your eyes and walk across a freeway, dead! Tie bricks to your feet and jump into a pool, dead! Climb up on the roof of a building and soar through the clouds to the floor, dead! A bullet to the head, dead! Some say that one day things will get better, but these tears i cry today are forever."

Looking back at that now, i cannot believe i wrote some of that shit. I don't feel any of that at that moment. Depression is not forever, and i know i wrote that it would never get better. I obviously didn't know what i was talking about back then, because at this moment in my life, i am feeling happier than i ever have before.

Depression is a terrible thing and i believe that anyone can be cured. You just need to believe that you can do it. Smile. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment