Thursday, May 19, 2011

"Someone once told me there's a road to happiness. I must have passed it long ago."

At the moment I'm listening to "Restless - Rumbleseat". This song brings back some good memories. It reminds me of me VCE music night last year, where I sat in front of a small crowd of adults with a guitar on my lap and a microphone at my mouth. I performed this song with such passion that I even reached those high notes that I couldn't reach before. As I was blasting out the words, I looked down into the eyes of my audience and all I could see was smiles. As the song concluded, the room was drowned with the sounds of applause. This applause was like no other that I've received before and it made me EXTREMELY happy.

When I was performing, I remember saying to myself: "How am I doing this?" "How am I making people smile?" I was so surprised in myself that I had the ability to make others happy. And through this I became happier and stronger as a person.

Music has changed my life significantly in a great way. There's no better feeling than performing something from your heart to an audience, and having amazing feedback whilst you listen to silence and stillness of people breathing change to a dramatic, thunderous applause.

No comments:

Post a Comment