Friday, July 6, 2012

"So come and talk to me, on my computer screen, the best years of ourlives aren't as easy as they seem. But one day we'll look back and thenwe'll have to laugh, they used to call us names, now they want ourautograph. To get the girl, to make the grade, it's all a show, it’sall a game, and I would lose it if I played, it's all the same. So idon't care, what they say, i don't need them anyway, I'll just go aboutmy day. But anyway."

At the moment I'm listening to "The Click - Good Charlotte".

I've come to realise that even though last week was shit, this week won't be! I need to be happy, I need to be happy!!! I WILL be happy! I really want to now start looking at the positives in life more clearly and focus on the things that mean the most to me, not the things that bring me down in any way!!

And to start this off: I've been meaning to do this for a long time now, but I am absolutely sick and tired of seeing my self-harm scars and being reminded of all the negative things in my life and in my past! SO, yesterday I got a tattoo over them. This tattoo is an ambiguous raven figure with the word "Nevermore" shape inside of it! It's a reminder of how I used Edgar Allen Poe's poem. "The Raven" to distract me from doing anything bad again! This method helped me probably more than anything, and therefore being significant to me! The poem itself also symbolises a great loss of hope and spiralling into a dark place, but then being lifted back into reality! This tattoo will always remind me of how things will get better, eventually!!

Hope you're well! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment