Wednesday, November 7, 2012

"These are the words you wish you wrote down, and this is the way you wish your voice sounds: Handsome and Smart. Oh, my tongues the only muscle on my body that works harder than my heart."

At the moment I'm listening to "Okay I believe you, but my Tommy gun don't - Brand New".

I've come to another one of my realisations. Internally I want to be happy, and constantly keep striving for happiness. Externally is a little bit different. Somehow my emotions fail to be mimicked by my actions. This is something I dreadfully need to work on! And am! :)

I've also come to the realisation that I don't want to spend one more second of my life setting long-term goals for myself. For some people, they see this as being a positive, but I don't really see it that way. I believe that setting long-term goals for yourself only makes you very very determined to get there, so much so that your whole life could fly by whilst you're still aiming for that one goal. I would much rather live a happy day-to-day life filled with lots of short-term goals and make sure I complete them!

I'm not going to pre-empt my future not knowing for sure what will actually happen. That could in fact just set me up for failure, and in turn, a wasted period of time. I'd rather let my future surprise me and be completely unpredictable. Life has a funny way of changing constantly, and I'm looking forward to what surprises will come next.

Feeling happy, and trying to stay positive :)

No comments:

Post a Comment