Monday, February 18, 2013

"I've tried so hard to tell myself that you're gone, but though you're still with me, I've been alone all along."

At the moment I'm listening to "My Immortal - Evanescence".

So, let me tell you about my weekend. All good intentions were there, however reality kicked in, and it didn't end up being a very good weekend.

Firstly, my boyfriend and I had one of his mates birthday in the city one night. Now, I know I've mentioned on here before how much I hate clubbing or just being in the city at night drinking with a big crowd, but this post just piles on top of my feelings towards the city at night.

The night started okay, it was mainly just sitting around in silence thinking of what to do next. Then came the typical events of a night in the city: Extremely drunk people, and copious amounts of drugs, followed by drama, leading to disappointment. So, without it becoming too late into the night, I (being the sober one) had to take care of people, as well as making sure my boyfriend was having a good time, which he wasn't. The night ended early and we went home in disappointment.

I honestly cannot stand going to the city and getting drunk to have "fun". In fact, I have a list as to why I hate it:

- Waste of money
- Drinks are too expensive
- Always worrying on how to get home
- Constantly taking care of drunk or stoned people
- Always end up in the middle of drunk drama
- The group you go out with always split up and go into separate and smaller groups (making it near impossible to "catch up" as originally planed)
- Terrible music
- Always being forced to do things I'm not comfortable with doing (ie: dancing)
- Bouncers to clubs generally make their own rules and decides who can actually get into the venue (Example: if you've been sweating from a long walk you can't come in because you're "drunk". Example 2: You're not allowed in wearing shorts on a hot summers night. Example 3: You're not allowed in if you don't have enough girls with you... Etc etc!!)
- The crowd of people who are generally at clubs and pubs are only looking to hook up or dance
- The crowd of people also are usually very stereotypically "attractive", which is only judged by the bouncer as he lets you in (Making it a cruel prejudice for "ugly" people, just because the bouncer claims so)

... And the list goes on. Now that I'm in a relationship, I don't see the point of going out to the city. The only purpose people do it is to hook up, or dance. And I don't dance. I don't see how it is "fun" at all, and I don't plan on going again for a very long time. I'd rather a bottle of vodka and a pack of smokes in my backyard with my mates listening to good music, wearing whatever we want any day!!

So, the day after clubbing my boyfriend and I were supposed to go to one of my mates surprise party in the city during the day. However, I decided to not go because I just knew that the night before would be such an emotional disaster that I just wouldn't be able to get up in the morning. I feel really bad though because this party was organised long in advance, and I was really looking forward to it. It kind of sucks that I had to go out the night before. I don't think my boyfriend was up for going to my mates party either, so I just cancelled... I'm fine with just seeing his mates I guess..

And to end the weekend.. Today we had my boyfriends cousins birthday. It was an okay day, but I just felt completely lost. I really felt like I didn't belong. And I guess it really doesn't help when all everyone was talking about was World Of Warcraft.

I have no interest what-so-ever in fantasy reality games. And I especially don't approve that people would pay money each month to keep living in a fantasy reality game. It's actually pretty ridiculous that some people will spend more money, time, and effort into a fantasy game than they do on themselves or their partners. Why spend so much of your time creating a virtual life when you can constantly change and create YOUR OWN LIFE?!?

I just don't get it.

1:30am and I'm wide awake. Hope you're well.


No comments:

Post a Comment